Archived - iPhoto: How to burn a CD or DVD with pictures for a Windows-based computer
This document explains how to burn a CD or DVD containing photos that can be read by a Windows-compatible computer.
A CD or DVD created in iPhoto using the Burn command in the Share menu cannot be viewed on a Microsoft Windows-based computer or at a photo development lab.
Burn the disc using the Finder instead of iPhoto.
- In the Finder, insert a blank CD or DVD. Your disc will show up on your desktop as a Burn Folder (as seen in the images below).
- Open iPhoto.
- Select the Album(s) you wish to burn to disc.
- Choose File > Export.
- Click the File Export tab.
- Choose a format from the Format pop-up menu.
Note: Depending on the source of the images, you may want to select JPEG to ensure compatibility.
- Configure the Size and Name options that you want. Make sure the "Use extension" or "Use filename" option is selected.
- Click Export.
- Select the Burn Folder you created to save the exported photos to and click OK.
- Quit iPhoto when the export has completed.
- From your desktop, open your disc's Burn folder and select the "Burn" button (as seen below).