Mac notebooks: Caps Lock modified to reduce accidental activation
Pressing the Caps Lock key on certain Intel-based Mac notebooks may not immediately activate the Caps Lock function.
The caps lock function on these computers is designed to reduce accidental activation. You must press and hold down the key slightly longer to activate the caps lock function.
Computers with this feature include:
- MacBook Pro with Retina display (all models)
- MacBook Air (all models)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2009) and later
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, Early 2008) and later
- MacBook Pro (17-inch, Early 2008) and later
- MacBook (13-inch, Late 2007) and later
Use these articles to help determine which model of MacBook, MacBook Pro, or MacBook Air you have.
Some Apple keyboards also have delayed Caps Lock activation. Review Keyboard Caps Lock modified to reduce accidental activation for more information.