Archived - Logic Pro: About the 8.0.2 update
Learn about the changes included in the Logic Pro 8.0.2 update.
- Copy and paste operations on audio regions create independent regions instead of clones.
- Channel strips of frozen tracks can now be copied.
- The Select All Following command no longer selects regions on protected tracks.
- You are no longer asked to unfreeze the selected track when performing tasks that do not require an unfrozen track (such as muting tracks).
- When deleting a track with Auto Zoom enabled, the next selected track is now automatically zoomed.
- If the track header is configured to display two track names and you have chosen “Auto name” for the right-hand column, double-clicking the right-hand column now activates the text input field for naming.
- Cutting looped regions with the Marquee tool now behaves as expected.
- Using the Marquee tool to perform region copy and paste operations now behaves as expected.
- In projects that don’t start on a whole bar position, the Marquee tool now works as expected when the Snap menu is set to Bar.
- The Tab key now steps correctly through tracks when renaming tracks in the track header.
- Arbitrary crossfades no longer occur when you choose an X-Fade setting in the Drag menu.
- Deleting unused tracks (Track > Delete Unused) from the Arrange area now works as expected.
- The Delay parameter now works on folders that contain audio regions.
- The content overview (MIDI data events) of MIDI regions now updates while time stretching.
- The Unpack Folder (Use Existing Tracks) command now works as expected.
- The zoom out range is optimized.
- The MIDI Recording project setting “Create tracks in cycle record” now works as expected.
- Differing region parameter values across a multiple-region selection are now correctly indicated by an asterisk (*).
- Region aliases are now converted to real copies when cut.
- Cutting looped MIDI regions now works as expected.
- Cutting looped regions at certain tempos now works as expected.
- It is now possible to import DNA groove templates without issue.
- Synchronization between Ultrabeat and Logic is improved.
- When working with a combination of Apple Loops, REX2 files, and folders, Apple Loops now adapt correctly to the project key.
- Time stretching audio regions in the Arrange area now works as expected.
- Bouncing a project that contains regions that follow the project tempo (Follow Tempo function) now also works in projects with tempo changes.
- With UTM off, changing a mono bus-fed aux channel strip to a mono bus channel strip no longer breaks the routing.
- There is no longer an issue of some projects not playing the first note.
- You can now add all WAV (.wav) files to the Arrange area via drag and drop.
- Entering a value outside of the range in the Apogee Ensemble and Duet control panels no longer produces a recurrent error message.
- When you move plug-in windows that are larger than the screen, the plug-in header no longer disappears.
- When you open projects containing Audio Unit plug-ins that are available as both an effect and instrument, the correct plug-in version is loaded.
- In Touch automation mode with Ramp Time set to 0 milliseconds, the parameter now returns to its previously recorded setting immediately after releasing the automation controller.
- When you edit region positions in the Event List, any automation will also follow the change of position.
- Shift-Option-Control-dragging over a grouped track now works as expected, creating four nodes on all tracks of that group.
- Multi output instrument automation is now recorded on the selected track.
Bouncing and Burning
- Bouncing 5.1 projects as split stereo files now works as expected.
- Changing the left corner of an event in the Piano Roll Editor no longer results in an arbitrary change of the region's start position.
- The Auto Define feature in Hyper Editor now works as expected.
- Double-clicking an event in the Piano Roll Editor now opens the Event List and scrolls to the selected event.
- You can now edit a selection of events from different regions in the Piano Roll Editor.
- Selecting a region no longer changes the Piano Roll Editor view to the region start position.
- When changing the project tempo, the Hyper Draw display in the Piano Roll Editor now updates correctly for SMPTE-locked regions.
- When resizing a region, the region length no longer resets when the right border crosses the left border.
- Changing the ticks of an event length in the Event List now works as expected.
- The Event List now shows the correct selection after copying regions.
- Using the plus sign (+) and minus sign (–) keys in the Event List now behaves as expected.
- You can now change the Cycle Pre-Processing preference even if no project is open.
- When reopening projects, the Transform window status is now recalled correctly in screensets.
- Changing the SMPTE Position value in the Transport bar now works as expected.
- The Templates dialog now recalls the last chosen template collection.
- Opening Logic under Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard is now much faster.
- For improved reliability, the Undo History is now limited to 200 steps.
- You can no longer move Events inside a SMPTE-locked region.
- In projects with time signature changes, the Repeat Regions/Events command now takes the current signature value into account.
- Under Mac OS X v10.5, the last transposition event is now displayed correctly.
- You can now move Markers while Logic is playing.
- The Beats from Region function now is optimized for audio regions.
- Beat mapping now works with audio files that originate from CDs.
- You can now Shift-Control-double-click a marker in the Marker track to rename that marker as expected.
- Ultrabeat loads the correct samples with the project.
- Importing Ultrabeat sounds works as expected.
- The first and second notes of the ES1 now play as expected when the Analog value is greater than 0%.
- Ultrabeat now triggers the correct pattern.
- Xfeed modes in Sculpture work as expected.
- You can now resize the Loop Browser window (from the lower right edge) without unexpected issues.
- Renaming an audio file group in the Audio Bin now works as expected.
- Creating audio file groups in the Audio Bin can now be undone.
- Deleting files and regions from the Audio Bin can now be undone.
- The level of the Prelisten Volume slider now remains consistent across the relevant Media area tabs.
- You can now stop previewing audio files in the Add Audio File dialog after adding the audio file.
- Dragging a file onto the File Browser switches the Browser to the file's parent directory.
- Selecting an external MIDI track no longer sends its settings.
- The All Notes Off command now applies to software instruments.
- Hidden Arrange area tracks are now also hidden in the Mixer.
- Clicking a channel strip’s Level fader no longer selects the channel strip.
- Redraw for the Mixer is optimized when stepping through Arrange area tracks.
- The Create/Select Arrange Track shortcut menu command now works correctly when multiple channel strips are selected.
- Input slot naming for aux channel strips (multiple outputs) is improved.
- Using numerical input to edit the Pan value of a MIDI track now works the same way as for audio tracks; a value of 0 corresponds to the center position.
- The Scroll To function in the Mixer View menu now works as expected.
- When you drag a plug-in beyond the border of the Mixer area, the Mixer area now scrolls with the mouse pointer.
- Changing the automation mode of the master channel strip no longer alters the automation mode of MIDI channel strips.
- Changing the Group setting when multiple channel strips are selected now works as expected.
- Normalization now executes correctly after adjusting any settings.
- Selecting part of an audio region and changing the color no longer selects the entire region.
- You can change user rests to channel 1.
- You can now use the “Underlined” style in the Font window.
- You can export some objects (such as the 8va symbol) using the Camera tool.
- Redraw for lyric input is optimized.
- The “Select All Following of Same Pitch” command now works as expected.
- Dividing brackets and bar lines beyond 25 staffs in instrument sets is improved.
- The start position of a movie is now determined by the first tempo event, with any changes to the tempo event also changing the movie start position.
- Logic now sends 29.97 drop fps as expected.
- The “Split Regions/Events by Playhead Position” and “Split Regions/Events by rounded Playhead Position” key commands are now as follows:
- If used when Logic is stopped, a dialog asks if you want to keep, shorten, or split overlapping notes.
- If used when Logic is playing, overlapping notes are automatically split.
- The key command "Set ... Tool" (for example Set Pointer Tool) no longer switches between that tool and the previously set tool.
- To address an overlap with some Mac OS X v10.5 keyboard shortcuts, the default zoom key commands (such as Zoom Horizontal Out) are now Command-Arrow instead of Control-Arrow.
- The Cycle Through Windows command now works for plug-in windows.
- Plug-in window size changes are now saved with screensets.
- There is no longer an issue with the display when using Pro Tools 7.4 Digidesign TDM plug-ins.
- You can now set the background color in the Marker Text area/window.
- Switching screensets is much faster.
- Markers in the Marker List and Marker Text window are no longer automatically selected during playback.
- Screensets are now optimized in the event that the screen resolution or menu bar position have been changed.
- There is improved stability when opening large projects.
- The “Project Clean up” command no longer suggests to delete all Ultrabeat samples in the project folder.
- When you open a movie, the Video track now displays automatically.
- When extracting audio from a movie, the extracted audio now consistently matches the sample rate of the project.
- The status of the Movie window (whether open or closed) now saves with screensets.
- The controller assignment for the master channel strip now works as expected.
- The display of assignment parameters in the Controller Assignments window is improved.
- The support for various control surfaces is optimized, in particular for the Roland SI-24 and the Euphonix devices.
- After loading a project, Delay Designer's feedback tap now loads correctly.
- You can now enter note events in the Transformer window via the keyboard without unexpected issues.
- You can now preview REX2 and MP3 files in the Audio Bin file selector box while Logic is playing.
- There are various take management and workflow improvements.
- You can now undo various Mixer and channel strip tasks such as loading next/previous channel strip, inserting and removing plug-ins.