Important documents to keep after buying an Apple product
Congratulations on purchasing your Apple product. Apple recommends you keep your documents in a safe place. If you ever need to update your records, it is important that you have the original sales receipt. If you have an AppleCare Protection Plan, you should also keep your Proof of Coverage letter. If you have not registered your Apple product or agreement, start by registering.
If you ever need to update your product information in our records, we require a copy of the original sales receipt. The sales receipt must be issued by an Apple Authorized Reseller and must meet the following criteria:
- The sales receipt must be legible.
- The sales receipt must include the following information:
- A clear description of the product
- The product's date of purchase
- An invoice or receipt number
- The product's price
- The reseller's contact information, and if possible, the reseller's company seal or logo