Mac OS X Combined Update 10.3.9
About Mac OS X Combined Update 10.3.9
Delivers improved compatibility and reliability for Mac OS X v10.3 “Panther” and is recommended for all users.
- network volumes are now available in the Finder sidebar and Desktop for convenient access
- file sharing and directory services reliability for Mac (AFP), UNIX (NFS), PC (SMB/CIFS), PPTP, and wireless networks
- support for NTFS formatted volumes
- reliability of user logins, mounting of home directories in a networked environment, and launch of network applications
- updated PostScript and USB printing
- updated font management
- reliable disc burning and recording functionality
- Bluetooth compatibility for Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mouse and Bluetooth phones.
- iPods connected via USB 2.0 are now recognized by iTunes and iSync
- updated Open GL technology and ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers
- updated Address Book, Calculator, Disk Utility, DVD Player, Image Capture, Mail, Preview, Safari, Stickies, and QuickTime applications
- compatibility for third party applications and devices
- additional support for FireWire and USB devices
- FileVault, FireWire 800 and WebDAV improvements from Update 10.3.1
- previous standalone security updates and Bluetooth Update 1.5.1
The download for the Java Update for Mac OS X 10.3.9 is available at: http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/javaupdateformacosx1039.html
For detailed information on this Update, please visit this website: http: About the Mac OS X 10.3.9 Update (Combo).
For detailed information on Security Updates, please visit this website: Apple security updates.
SHA1 MacOSXUpdateCombo10.3.9.dmg = f74f7e76e7a04ec623046934980edbba8c4798c4
For detailed information on SHA 1 Digest, please visit this website: Mac OS X: How to verify a SHA-1 digest.
Important Note: Apple has identified an issue with external FireWire hard drives using the Oxford 922 bridge chip-set with firmware version 1.0.2 that can result in the loss of data stored on the disk drive. Even with the improvements available in this update, Apple recommends you update the firmware on your FireWire drive. Please contact your drive manufacturer for more information.