Archived - Mac OS X Update Combo 10.1.5: Information and Download
About Mac OS X Update Combo 10.1.5: Information and Download
Update 10.1.5 delivers a number of enhancements which improve the reliability of Mac OS X applications, delivers improved networking, important security features, support for PC Card serial communication devices, and expanded Digital Hub peripheral device support. Specific improvements include:
Peripheral Device Support:
- Updated and new USB and FireWire device support, including FireWire-based digital cameras
- Updated and new support for MO drives and Fast 10 SCSI drives, including the Pioneer 201 drive.
- Expanded support for QPS, SmartDisk, EZQuest, Yamaha, MCE Technologies, LaCie and Sony CD disc recording devices.
- Support for PC Card storage devices, including media readers.
Graphics and OpenGL Improvements:
- DVD Playback on external VGA displays on PowerBook G4.
- Hardware accelerated video mirroring support for PowerBook G4.
- Additional support for 2D and QuickTime hardware acceleration for Rage Pro, Rage Pro Turbo and Rage Mobility.
- Improvements for iTunes when the full screen visualizer is used.
- Improves networking via AFP when accessing multi-level directories on Windows NT file servers.
- Dial-up connections over PPP are more reliable and system responsiveness has been improved.
- Includes a generic PC Card driver to support a variety of PC Card modems.
- Significant improvement to file searching on local and remote volumes.
- Apple Filing Protocol (AFP) services can be browsed on networks with 3Com routers.
- Login authentication support for LDAP and Active Directory services.
- IrDA modem support for FireWire-based PowerBook models.
- More efficient iDisk mounting and file navigation.
- Added support for connecting to iDisk using default DNS settings of AirPort.
- Support for mounting a WebDAV volume from a non-standard http port.
- Includes WebDAV support for Digest authentication.
- Mail includes support for SSL encryption and CRAM-MD5 authentication.
- Mail accounts go offline to indicate that SSL encryption settings are not supported by mail server.
- BSD-based TCP/IP connections now check and block broadcast or multicast IP destination addresses.
- Includes Security Update April 2002.
- Increased stability of Mail and Sherlock.
- Emails are properly retained when rebuilding the Draft mailbox.
- Updated Carbon applications can use Quartz anti-aliasing technology for high quality text display.
Asian Language Improvements:
- Significant updates to the Korean Input Method, especially important when using AppleWorks.
- Internet Connect and AirPort applications updated with Chinese and Korean localized content.
This update can be used only to update from Mac OS X 10.1, Mac OS 10.1.1, or Mac OS X 10.1.2. If you are updating from Mac OS X 10.1.3 or Mac OS 10.1.4, you need the Mac OS X Update 10.1.5.
If updating from Mac OS X 10.1, you must install Security Update 7-18-02 for v10.1 prior to installing this update.
For help with downloading, see Software downloads: Formats and common error messages.
All software available from this site is covered by a software license agreement included with this software.
Keywords: kmosx1 kbdload kmosX ksysupdate