If you are unable to sync apps, or unable to arrange apps on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch screen, please verify that you have followed the steps below. For additional information about using your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, please see the User's Guide available from apple.com/support/manuals. For additional information about the App Store and apps, please see the App Store FAQ.
Verify apps are in iTunes
When apps are purchased from the iTunes Store using iTunes on your Mac or PC, they are downloaded to the Apps section of your iTunes library as shown below. In order to sync apps to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, the apps need to show up in iTunes. You can view the apps in iTunes by clicking on Apps in the left-hand column.
Syncing apps purchased in iTunes to iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to your computer and open iTunes.
- Select your device in the left hand column
- Click the Apps tab and check 'Sync Apps'.
- Select the apps you want to sync in the left-hand column. You can select all apps by clicking on an app checkbox while holding down the Control key on Windows or the Command key on Mac OS X.
- When using iOS 4 or later, you can organize your apps into folders using iTunes.
- When you are satisfied with your changes, click Sync to transfer the apps you selected to your device.
Note: If you make any changes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch while it is connected to iTunes, you may need to disconnect it from your computer, and then reconnect it before the changes will show up in iTunes.
Transferring apps purchased on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to iTunes
If you delete an app from your iTunes library, the next time you sync your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with that computer it will be removed from the device. If you delete an app from your device, but not from your iTunes library, it will be synced back to your device the next time your connect to iTunes.
For more information on transferring apps on your device to iTunes, see this article.