Some third-party media-editing applications offer the option to delete original content from a device once the files have been imported (the following image is of the Adobe Photoshop Elements 7.0 Image and Video importer):
To avoid the situation described above, do not delete original video or photo content using third-party editing software*. To remove recently imported media content, delete the content from the device directly or from within iTunes.
To delete video footage captured using the iPod nano Video Camera:
- On your iPod nano, go to Videos > Camera Videos.
- Highlight the video footage you wish to delete.
- Hold down the Center button.
- After the contextual menu appears, select the Delete option (or the Delete All option if you would like to erase all your captured footage).
- Confirm your request when prompted by highlighting the Delete or Delete All option and selecting the Center button.
Alternatively, you can remove video footage captured using the iPod nano Video Camera from within the DCIM folder of your disk-use-enabled iPod.
* If you are using Adobe Photoshop Elements 7.0 or Adobe Premiere 7.0, updating to the latest released software (Photoshop Elements 8.0 and Premiere 8.0) will allow you to delete media content from your iPod using the editing software without exhibiting the behaviors mentioned above.