Follow this procedure to restore preinstalled software via Optional Installs. Note: This may take some time to complete; do not disconnect power or shut down during this process.
- Insert Install DVD 1.
- Double click "Install Mac OS X and Bundled Software".
- Click Restart.
- Select your language.
- Click "->"'.
- Click Continue, then click Agree.
- Select the volume where your current operating system is installed.
- Click Continue to restore the install.
- Click Customize.
- Click to select the items you want to install. A checkmark appears when they are selected.
The Essential System Software selection examines your computer and reinstalls any item that is missing from the following list: Address Book, iCal, iChat, iTunes, Mail, Oxford Dictionaries, Safari, and iPod Support. If you need to reinstall one of these packages, check Essential System Software.
Note: If you have previously installed any Mac OS X updates, you should perform an Archive and Install with the "Preserve users and network settings" option.
- Click Done, then click Install.
After installation, update to the latest available version of Mac OS X.