If you preview your book, calendar, or card and notice missing images, the following information will help resolve this issue and allow you to submit your order.
- Quit iPhoto or Aperture and use Software Update to install the latest version of the application and the latest version of Mac OS X. For more information on using Software Update, see Mac OS X: Updating your software.
- When Software Update has completed, quit all open applications.
- Open iPhoto or Aperture.
- iPhoto: Select your book, Calendar, or card from the Source list on the left.
Aperture: Select your book from the Projects pane on the left.
- Preview your order: Preview steps for iPhoto and Aperture.
If the PDF no longer shows missing images, you may submit your order by clicking the Buy button (iPhoto) or Place Order button (Aperture).
Additional iPhoto troubleshooting
If the preview still shows missing images, follow these steps:
- Return to iPhoto and go to the first page number with missing images.
- Control-click the missing image (Hold the Control key down while clicking). A shortcut menu should appear.
- From the shortcut menu, choose Edit Photo.
If you cannot see the photo after choosing Edit Photo or you get a gray square with an exclamation point ("!") in the middle, then the original photo is corrupt or cannot be found. If you have a backup copy of the image file, you can copy it back onto your computer and import it again into your iPhoto book. If you do not have a backup copy of your missing image, you may wish to replace the missing images with other images prior to submitting your book.
Be sure to preview the PDF of your book, calendar, or card again before submitting your order.