To open the Fonts window, click Fonts in the toolbar.
Here are ways to change the font of selected text:
- In the Search field, type the name of the font you want to use, and then select its name in the Family list.
- Select a typeface (for example, Italic or Bold) from the Typeface list.
- In the Size column, type or select the font size you want.
Here are ways to use the controls at the top of the Fonts window:
- Rest your pointer over any control along the top of the window to view a help tag describing what each control does. If you don’t see the controls, choose Show Effects from the Action pop-up menu (looks like a gear) in the lower-left corner of the window.
- To underline text, choose an underline style (such as single or double) from the Text Underline pop-up menu.
- To apply a strikethrough style (such as single or double), choose a style from the Text Strikethrough pop-up menu.
- To apply color to text, click the Text Color button to open the Colors window.
- To apply color behind a paragraph, click the Document Color button to open the Colors window.
- To apply a shadow, click the Text Shadow button. Use the Shadow Opacity, Shadow Blur, Shadow Offset, and Shadow Angle controls to format the shadow.
To organize fonts:
- Click the Add Collection (+) button to create and name a new collection.
- Select some text and format it with the font family, typeface, and size that you want.
- Drag the font name from the Family list to the collection where you want to file it.
To set up the Fonts window for frequent use:
Leave the Fonts window open as you work. Resize the window using the control in the bottom-right corner of the window so that only the font families and typefaces in your selected font collection are visible