Here are ways to add and edit values:
- If the cell is empty, select it and then type a value.
- To replace specific content already in the cell, select the cell and then select what you want to replace by double-clicking; hold down the Shift key and select more content if you want to replace more. Type to replace the selected content.
- To replace everything in the cell, select the cell and then begin typing.
If "Return key moves to next cell" isn't selected in the Table inspector, you can also select the cell and then press Return or Enter, which selects everything in the cell, and then start typing.
- To insert content within existing content, select the cell, click to set the insertion point, and begin typing.
- To undo changes made to a table cell since selecting the cell, press Esc.
- To delete the content of table cells, rows, or columns, select the cells, rows, or columns and then press the Delete key or choose Edit > Delete.
To delete the contents, background fill, and any style settings, choose Edit > Clear All. The default style is applied to the selection.