To record a voiceover narration:
- Select any slide on which you want the recording to start. If you select a skipped slide, recording starts with the nearest previous slide that is not skipped.
- Do one of the following:
- Open the Document inspector, click Audio, and click Record.
- Choose File > Record Slideshow.
- As the presentation plays, speak clearly into the microphone to record your narration.
- To advance to the next slide, click the mouse button or press the Right Arrow key.
- To pause the recording, click the red recording indicator, or press any of the following keys:
- W: White screen
- F: Freeze
- B: Black screen
- When you’ve finished recording all the slides you want to include in your voiceover narration, press the Escape key to stop slideshow playback and save the recording.
- To listen to the narration without playing the slideshow, click the Play button on the Audio pane of the Document inspector. Adjust the volume by dragging the Volume slider.
The slideshow begins to play. A pulsing red light in the upper-left corner of the screen indicates that recording is in progress.
Press any key to resume the recording.
In the Document pane of the Document inspector, notice that the Recorded option appears in the Presentation pop-up menu. A recorded slideshow plays only from the first recorded slide (the one you selected in step 1, above). If you click Play in the toolbar and the presentation doesn’t play as expected, make sure you’ve chosen Recorded from the Presentation pop-up menu in the Document inspector.