To use peer-to-peer connectivity, ensure your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch meets the following system requirements:
- iPhone or iPod touch using iOS 3.1 or later, or iPad using iOS 3.2 or later
- Application that offers peer-to-peer connectivity*
- Bluetooth or Internet connection**
* Applications are available through the App Store on the device or in iTunes. Refer to the application's information page to determine if it offers peer-to-peer connectivity.
** Bluetooth peer-to-peer connectivity is not available on the original iPhone or iPod touch (1st generation). If you see the message "Not supported on this iPhone" or "Not supported on this iPod touch," the device is not capable of using Bluetooth for peer-to-peer connectivity.
Use the following steps to create a peer-to-peer connection:
- Open the application and select the appropriate option for a peer-to-peer connection. Options can include multiplayer, sharing, voice chat, etc.
- If prompted, enable Bluetooth or select an Internet connection. Ensure each user selects the same connection type.
- Choose a device from the list of available devices.
- Wait for the other person to accept your invitation to join.
Once the other person accepts your invitation, you can begin using the peer-to-peer features of the application. When using a Bluetooth connection, keep the devices within 25 - 30 feet of each other to avoid losing the connection.
If you are unable to locate other users or successfully create a peer-to-peer connection, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Check your connection:
- Using Bluetooth: Position the devices within a few feet of each other to improve reception and recognition.
- Using the Internet: Verify the Internet connection on each device using Safari or another Internet application.
- Open the application on each device and select the option to use a peer-to-peer option.
- Initiate a peer-to-peer connection from one device. If you cannot connect from that device, try initiating the connection from the other device.
- Close the application, and then restart each device.
- Open the application and follow the steps to create a peer-to-peer connection.
- Use the App Store application or iTunes to check for application updates. Using different versions of an application can cause peer-to-peer connectivity issues.
If all other troubleshooting does not resolve the issue, you can report the issue within iTunes or from the App Store on your device.
- Tap Report a Problem on the application's information page to load the Report a Problem screen.
- Select the appropriate symptom.
- Tap the Comments box to add comments after you choose your issue.
- Tap the Report button in the upper right corner to submit your issue.
- A confirmation screen appears. Tap Cancel to cancel the report, or tap OK to submit the report to the application developer.