- Automatic Software Update
- Choose Software Update from the Apple menu to automatically check for the latest Apple software.
- Standalone installer
- Apple Downloads offers a standalone installer you can use instead if you wish.
What's new in this update?
- Addressed an issue that caused the boxes around detected faces to reappear after being deleted. This occurred when unwanted face boxes were deleted from a photo, but then missing faces were subsequently added manually or the Detect Missing Faces command was used on the photo.
- Fixed an issue that caused iPhoto to lose track of faces that were added manually or added using the Detect Missing Faces command and subsequently edited using an external editor.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the wrong face box to be selected for editing when using the Add Missing Face button and then pressing the Return key.
- Photos that appear as suggested matches the Faces in detail view and that are displayed in Magnify mode can now be rotated using the Rotate command.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused faces previously cropped out of a photo to appear as suggested matches in the Faces detail view.
- Fixed an issue that caused some addresses to get truncated in the results list when searching for locations in the Add New Place window.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the title of a newly-defined place in the results list of the Add New Place window from being saved if the Return key was pressed after typing in the title.
- Fixed an issue that disabled the option to include Location Information (GPS data) when exporting photos as JPEGs using the Maximum quality setting.
- Location info (GPS data) is now correctly embedded in photos that are emailed using the Email command, when the Location Information checkbox is enabled.
- Moving a pin on the Google map in the Add New Place window now correctly updates the name (title) of the location in the results list.
- Fixed an issue that prevented updated email addresses from being used when syncing Facebook albums containing names added to photos using the Faces feature.
- Fixed an issue that could cause iPhoto to remove a named person from your Faces corkboard if a published album containing that person's face was deleted from your MobileMe Gallery.
- Addressed an issue that caused published movies to be removed from a MobileMe album after re-syncing the album with iPhoto.
- Settings for existing slideshows are now properly preserved when upgrading from iPhoto 6.
- Fixed an issue that prevented a song with DRM (digital rights management) from playing back in a slideshow if it followed another song with DRM.