- From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.
- From the View menu, choose QuickTime.
- Click the Plug-In tab.
- Click MIME settings.
- Click the disclosure triangle next to Images - Still image files.
- Click the checkbox by PDF Image to deselect it.
- Click OK.
Here is a workaround to save a file to disk if the PDF document opens in the browser window:
- Control-click in the browser window.
- From the pop-up menu, choose Save as Source.
- Click Save in the Save window.
: You may change the filename and download destination in the Save window.