To export a movie from iMovie HD 6 to your iPod:
- In iMovie HD 6, open the movie you want to transfer.
- If you only want to transfer a portion of your movie, select the clips you want to transfer in the timeline viewer.
- From the Share menu, choose iPod.
- Click to select the "Share selected clips only" checkbox if you only want to share clips you selected.
- Click Share.
- iMovie HD compresses your movie and saves it to your iTunes library. The time it takes to save the movie depends on the movie's length.
- Open iTunes 6.0 or later, and then sync with your iPod.
- For more information about syncing, see the documentation that came with your video-compatible iPod.
To export a movie from iMovie HD 5 to your iPod:
- Open iMovie HD and create a movie, or open an existing movie in the application.
- From the File menu, choose Share.
- Click the QuickTime tab.
- From the Compress movie for pop-up menu, choose Expert Settings.
- Click Share.
- From the Export pop-up menu in the resulting dialog, choose Movie to iPod (320X240).
- Click Save to start the export process. Depending on the length of your movie, this can take a long time. iMovie uses H.264 compression to create the movie file (video iPod format), which will appear on your hard disk in the location you saved it when iMovie is done. Open the new file in QuickTime Player and play it to make sure it looks as you expect.
- Open iTunes 6 and drag your new movie file icon to the iTunes library in the Source list. To learn how to browse and view videos in iTunes, click here. Note: iTunes won't let you drag the movie to the Video playlist, but once you drag it to the Library, it will automatically appear in the Video playlist. You can also drag the video file to a playlist you create or directly to the iPod in the Source list.
- To copy the movie onto a Fifth Generation iPod, either sync it with your iPod or manually copy it. To learn how to sync video to your iPod click here, check out the iPod tutorial, or check the Features Guide that came with your iPod.
A note about copyright
This software may be used to reproduce materials. It is licensed to you only for reproduction of non-copyrighted materials, materials in which you own the copyright, or materials you are authorized or legally permitted to reproduce. If you are uncertain about your right to copy any material, you should contact your legal advisor.