Before you view your purchase history in the iTunes Store on a Mac or PC, sign-in with the same Apple ID that you used for your purchases.
If you use Family Sharing, you'll see what you bought using your Apple ID, but you won't see what other family members bought, unless you sign in using their Apple ID.
If you'd like to view your past purchases on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch so that you can report a problem, visit reportaproblem.apple.com to see your purchases from the last 90 days.
If you're looking for information about refunds or unauthorized charges, learn more.
See your purchase history
- Open iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Click iTunes Store.
- Click Sign In.
- Enter your Apple ID and password.
- Click your Apple ID and select Account Info from the drop-down menu.
- Next to Purchase History, click See All.
It might take a moment for your Purchase History to appear.
- To see the details for a purchase, click the arrow to the left of the order date. Your most recent purchases are first.
You'll see the date, time, and web order number in the top-right corner. If you don't recognize a purchase, see if it's one of these types of charges.
- Learn how to download past purchases.
- Learn how to pay an unpaid balance in the iTunes Store.
- Learn how to buy, download, and install apps from the Mac App Store.
- Learn how to hide items in your Purchase History.
- Report a problem or request a refund for a purchase made within the last 90 days.
- For help with an older purchase, contact iTunes Store support and select Purchases, Billing, and Redemption.