- MacBook Air (Late 2010 and later)
- MacBook Pro (Early 2011 and later)
- MacBook Pro with Retina display (all models)
- iMac (Mid 2011 and later)
- Mac mini (Mid 2011 and later)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013)
Only Apple Retail Stores or Apple Authorized Service Providers can unlock computers protected by a firmware password.
If you can't remember the firmware password for your Mac, schedule a service appointment with either an Apple Retail Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider. If you plan to visit an Apple Retail Store, please make a reservation (available in some countries only).
To determine which Mac you have, see: