You may wish to change the opendirectoryd logging level if you are troubleshooting Open Directory (also known as Directory Services), or if you want to provide more information about Open Directory (opendirectoryd) requests.
Enable opendirectoryd debug logging with the following Terminal command:
odutil set log debug
You can revert to standard logging with:
odutil set log default
- Logs are stored in /var/log/opendirectoryd.log.
- The logging level will persist through restarts.
- Other logging levels are also available: "alert", "critical", "error", "warning", "notice", and "info".
- For more information please refer to the manual pages for the odutil utility (such as "man odutil").
- Generally, debug logging should only be used to troubleshoot Open Directory service-related issues because debug logging can generate large amounts of log messages. If you need more detailed information about Open Directory events but do not wish to use "debug", consider using "info" instead.