When trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime, you might get one of these errors:
- Waiting for activation
- Activation unsuccessful
- An error occurred during activation
- Could not sign in, please check your network connection
Check your device settings
- Make sure that you’re connected to a cellular data or Wi-Fi network. If you're using an iPhone, you'll need SMS messaging to activate your phone number with iMessage and FaceTime. Depending on your carrier, you might be charged for this SMS.
- Go to Settings > General > Date & Time and make sure that your time zone is set up correctly.
Turn off iMessage and FaceTime and restart
- Go to Settings > Messages and turn off iMessage.
- Go to Settings > FaceTime and turn off FaceTime.
- Restart your device.
- Turn iMessage and FaceTime back on.
Still not activated after an hour?
It might take a few minutes to activate iMessage and FaceTime. If you've waited more than an hour, try these steps:
Get more help
You can also use your email address with iMessage and FaceTime. Get help if you have trouble verifying your email address: