This chart shows the minimum Xsan client version that is compatible with the Xsan version on the metadata controller. The versions of Xsan and OS X on the metadata controller must be the same as, or newer than, the latest versions on a client.
|MDC version||Minimum client version|
|Xsan 4||Xsan 4|
|Xsan 3.0 - 3.1||Xsan 2.2.2 (see note 1)|
|Xsan 2.3||Xsan 2.2.1 (see notes 1 and 2)|
|Xsan 2.2 - 2.2.2||Xsan 2.1.1 (see note 3)|
|Xsan 2.0 - 2.1.1||Xsan 1.4.2|
|Xsan 1.4.2||Xsan 1.3|
- In order to enable case insensitivity, all members of the SAN must be using Xsan 2.3 or later.
- Mac OS X v10.5-based Xsan 2.2.1 clients cannot be used with an Xsan 2.3 MDC. Mac OS X v10.6 is required on Xsan 2.2.1 clients of an Xsan 2.3 MDC.
- In order to use native extended attributes, all members of the SAN must be using Xsan 2.2 or later.
- Details about the version of OS X required for each version of Xsan
- Information about compatibility between Xsan and StorNext filesystems