If you see one of the above errors, follow these steps to troubleshoot this:
- Verify the location of your Windows XP My Music folder. The default location for this folder is
C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Music
If you do not have this folder at the default location and have not moved it to another location, consider creating one inside your My Documents folder.
- Download and install Tweak UI from the Microsoft PowerToys website at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx Note: This utility is for Windows XP only. Please review the system requirements before installing.
- Once you have installed Tweak UI, open it from the Start menu.
- In the column on the left, click on the plus symbol (+) next to My Computer and select Special Folders.
- In the right pane under Special Folders, choose My Music from the Folder pop-up menu.
- Click the Change Location button. You may see a warning message appear with precautions for changing this setting; after reviewing the message, click Yes.
- In the resulting window, browse for the My Music folder as described in step 1, and click OK.
- Reinstall or open iTunes.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, the settings for the current user may be corrupted, which could cause iTunes not to install or open. You may have to install and open iTunes in a different Windows user account.