If you have Nike + iPod workouts stored on your iPod nano, iPod touch (2nd generation), iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPhone 3GS, or iPhone 4, you may want to upload this workout data to nikeplus.com before restoring the device. Restoring your iPod or iPhone permanently removes all workout data stored on the device.*
iPod touch, iPhone 3GS, and iPhone 4 with iOS 4.1 can send workout data wirelessly to nikeplus.com from the device. For additional information on uploading directly from your device, please see the user guide for iOS 4.1.
To upload your workout data from iTunes:
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed.
- Connect your device to your computer. iTunes will open automatically.
- If this is the first time you connect an iPod or iPhone containing Nike + iPod workout data to your computer, iTunes asks whether you want to automatically send your workout data to nikeplus.com.
- Clicking the Send button will allow iTunes to automatically send your workout data to nikeplus.com everytime you sync your device.
- If you haven't created a nikeplus.com account yet, click Sign Me Up and follow the onscreen instructions. Otherwise, once you are on the nikeplus.com website, select Save Your Runs.
Note: To reduce the possibility of losing any workout data, you should upload your workout data as frequently as possible.
For detailed instructions on how to upload your workout data, see the iTunes Help page entitled "Viewing and saving your Nike + iPod workout data."
* nikeplus.com maintains a record of your previously uploaded workouts. Restoring your iPod nano, iPod touch (2nd generation) or iPhone 3GS does not erase any previously uploaded workouts on nikeplus.com. The workout history for an iPod touch (2nd generation), iPod touch (3rd generation), or iPhone 3GS is included in the backup and can be restored.