Follow these steps to burn your iPhoto slideshow to a DVD disc:
- Open iPhoto and select the slideshow you want to burn to a DVD from iPhoto’s Source list. In this example, “Game Room Slideshow” is selected.
- From the iPhoto Share menu, choose Send to iDVD.
- If you see the message below, it means you have a single photo selected in your slideshow. If you want to export the entire slideshow, click "Send whole slideshow".
The progress indicator remains on the screen until the export to iDVD is complete.
Note: The time it takes to complete the export process is dependent on the length and complexity of your slideshow.
- iDVD opens your project and displays the title of your slideshow in a default theme.
- You can change the theme by choosing an option from the popup menu and selecting one of the theme thumbnails. In this example, “Old Themes” is chosen from the popup menu (1) and “Marquee” is selected as the theme (2).
Note: There are many more things you can do to customize an iDVD slideshow project. To learn more about these features (like Drop Zones), choose iDVD Help from the Help menu.
- To make certain everything is set up they way you want, click the Play button to review your opening theme and slideshow.
The controller appears with the first photo in your slideshow.
On the controller, click the Enter button (1) to start your slideshow. Your slideshow will play with all the music, transitions and other features you set up in iPhoto. When finished, click the Exit button (2) to return to your iDVD project window.
- When you're ready to burn a DVD, click the Burn button.
- Insert a recordable DVD disc. You can monitor the progress in the “Creating your DVD” window.
Note: The amount of time required to process and burn your DVD can vary. The time it takes is related to the complexity and length of your project and the speed of your computer.
- When the burn is complete, a message appears asking you whether you want to burn another copy of your slideshow. If you want another copy you must insert another blank DVD disc. Otherwise, click Done. Your DVD is ready to use.