To take advantage of this:
- You must have at least 5 GB of RAM installed on your computer.
- Virtual Memory must be enabled for the EXS24.
To enable Virtual Memory:
- Insert an instance of the EXS24 on a software instrument track.
- In the upper right area of the EXS24 interface, click Options and choose Virtual Memory.
- In the Virtual Memory window, check the box labeled "Active."
Keep in mind that the amount of RAM available for the EXS24 on your computer will be determined by several factors, including:
- The amount of physical RAM you have installed.
- How much RAM other open applications are using.
- How much RAM Logic is using. This can be affected by the number and size of audio files in the project, and other plug-ins used. Third-party sampler plug-ins in particular may noticeably affect the amount of RAM that Logic uses.